Introduction of the article
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most popular natural health products, and it’s claimed there are a lot of health benefits of drinking apple cider, including disinfecting toothbrushes, curing diabetes, and reducing waist size.
Key points health benefits of apple cider vinegar
- Apple cider Vinegar accelerates metabolism and, therefore, facilitates weight loss.
- Thanks to its antibiotic and antiseptic properties, it can relieve diarrhea caused by a bacterial infection. So it is used to treat ear or bladder infections.
- On the other hand, its anti glycemic effects improve our sensitivity to insulin, a substance that controls the level of sugar in the blood.
- It is also presented as a great ally against bad breath, which is why many people use it as a mouthwash.
- The activation of the enzymes it causes is also used to treat chronic gum infections or lighten stains on the teeth . Those same gargles can also help relieve a sore throat.
- “Apple cider vinegar contains pectin, which relieves intestinal spasms. Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar diluted in a cup of water before eating to help reduce gas and bloating, ”adds Mercola.
- When we feel heavy or suffer from acid reflux after meals, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar can facilitate digestion and eradicate these symptoms quickly and very naturally.
- In addition, if we use it on the hair or skin, it can also eliminate dandruff, act as a conditioner, soothe itchy skin and sunburns, heal warts or fungi and even hide age spots and signs own acne.
- Apple cider vinegar is a natural laxative and can improve digestion.
- Apple cider vinegar reduces belly fat, increases satiety, and helps people to lose weight.
- Apple cider vinegar lowers cholesterol, blood pressure, and improves heart health.
13 health benefits of apple cider vinegar
1. Nourishes the hair and eliminates dandruff
A solution of apple cider vinegar and water, mixed in equal parts, forms an amazing natural conditioner. It helps to nourish the hair, giving it that shine and soft texture that we like so much. It is also an effective natural remedy for dandruff. Apple cider vinegar can destroy the fungus responsible for dandruff and so balances the pH of the scalp.
How to use apple cider vinegar to remove dandruff?
- For dandruff, we will mix apple cider vinegar with water in equal parts in a glass or boat. Once we have the solution ready, we will apply it to the scalp and let it take effect for at least 15 minutes, a maximum of 1 hour. After letting it rest, we will rinse it with water. We can practice this remedy 2 times a week.
2. Gives intense shine and reduces skin blemishes
Apple cider vinegar helps treat skin blemishes, reduces wrinkles, and tones the skin.
Use apple cider vinegar for healthy skin
- For stains(apple cider vinegar is a good natural astringent), soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar diluted in water and apply directly to blemishes, to dry them and help them heal.
- For wrinkles, soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar diluted in water and apply it directly to the areas that we want to treat. The vinegar will help to strengthen and plump the skin to prevent and reduce wrinkles.
- To tone, mix half a cup of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water and apply the solution to your face. Regular use of this solution will help maintain the pH balance in the skin and prevent various types of infections.
3. Fight leg cramps
Many people suffer from cramping in legs, especially at night. Apple cider vinegar is rich in mineral content and helps reduce the frequency, intensity, and pain of leg cramps.
Use of apple cider vinegar for leg cramps?
- When the cramp starts, we can drink some apple cider vinegar diluted in hot water. In a few minutes, the cramps will subside until they disappear completely.
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 1 glass of water with honey. Drink the mixture little by little.
4. It is used to treat colds and/or coughs
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural remedies for the common cold, cough, and/or sore throat.
How to use apple cider vinegar for colds?
- In a glass mix a small spoon of apple cider vinegar plus one tablespoon of honey, and hot water. Adding a little crushed or minced ginger will further enhance the medicinal properties of the mixture.
- Drink a small spoonful of this mixture, 3 times a day, to relieve coughs and nasal congestion.
5. Fight infections
Its antiseptic properties make it an effective natural remedy to fight against bacterial and fungal infections. It is very useful in the treatment of ear infections, bladder or even candidiasis.
How to use apple cider vinegar for infections?
- For ear infections, rinse the ear with apple cider vinegar diluted in water.
- For bladder infection or yeast infection, drink a glass of warm water with 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar at night until symptoms disappear.
6. Lowers blood cholesterol
Studies carried out have shown that apple cider vinegar can help improve the lipid profile in the blood, by lowering the levels of triglycerides and bad cholesterol (or cholesterol with low-density lipoprotein), while increasing the good cholesterol (or high-density lipoprotein cholesterol). Therefore, it plays a very important role in preventing complications resulting from diabetes.
Next time you go shopping, don’t forget to include some apple cider vinegar in your cart!